NEW LOCATION: Spokesman Coffee (Highland)

 My first event EVER with a vending machine was at Spokesman (St. Elmo) in 2017 maybe? 2018? It was a while back. I had just started my business and we were getting our first machine out to the public. We didn't know then the right questions to ask yet, so I had no idea the path to our area was gravel. Oh no!! I didn't know what to do. You can't move a vending machine very easily through gravel without the correct equipment and we had a uhaul dolly someone sold us on facebook marketplace for $10. 

Jeff and I are both veterans and we went to that place mentally and somehow we hulked that vending machine like a crossfit obstacle course. Thankfully we've learned a lot since then! I've wanted to work with them since then: to prove how far I had come, to be in an environment that fosters creative energy and focuses on craftsmanship: both in the coffee and the variety of talent they have in loyal customers and other cohorts. I had tried to put another machine there for a while, but it just wasn't the time. 



Until it was! 


I found a smaller than usual vending machine online in July for a steal and I knew I had to get it and I knew where it was going to go: Spokesman. I messaged Briks, the Artist who has decorated Spokesman Highland from ceiling to floor in his fun street art/comic fantasy:

Spokesman Highland- Artwork by @Briks



Briks said yes! When I pitched again, C.J. at Spokesman said yes. I was elated. Plus isn't it spectacular?? It fits so well in the space, it looks like it just... goes there. Briks painted all sides and it's fun to look at IRL because it tells a story. I'm really glad this came to fruition.


We have a great video of this machine on our tiktok @thosevendingmachines


Spokesman is such a fun place to go when I am making my collections and restocking. I truly love the staff and the coffee. I'm serious: you've never had a better cup than here- but if you aren't into the whole coffee thing (or have IBS) try their carbonated gatorade. Sppokesman Highland is located off Airport road where ACC is- near the Blue Genie. It's a great location if you don't like to go far south and there are a lot of fun things to do in the area. I'm thankful to say that the response to this new machine has been overwhelmingly positive! It's so nice to see people peeking inside to see what kind of stuff we have. We have new artists, stuff made just for the Spokesman location, and of course, our iconic mystery bags. 

Hope to see you soon!




Comments

Popular Posts